Taking care of your eyes has never been easier. Now that technology has advanced, we are able to do more things that are helping to improve the way that we see. One thing that many people have is glasses or contacts. Here are some facts about contacts from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, http://www.cdc.gov/contactlenses/fast-facts.html.
- More than 30 million people in the U.S. wear contact lenses
- Two thirds of contact wearers are female
- The average age of a contact wearer is 31 years old
- Contacts are regulated b the U.S. FDA
- The majority of contact wearers use soft contact lenses
- Contacts can improve vision
- Some children feel better about their appearance while wearing contact lenses
- Specially designed contacts can help to improve the ability to focus and temporarily reduce poor distance vision in some wearers
Contacts are great when you need to have corrective lenses but do not want to change your appearance. Contacts are a great alternative to glasses. Many people prefer to wear contacts so that they can continue to play sports without having to worry about breaking their glasses.
When it comes to your eyes, Galanis Cataract & Laser eye center—your St. Louis cataract surgery center—can help you with all of your eye needs. Call them today so to get started.