John C. Galanis, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Galanis is committed to using state of the art technology and has over 30 years of surgical expertise to help improve the vision of his patients. He specializes in refractive eye surgery including:
- Laser Cataract Surgery which has significantly improved the precision of several of the critical steps that were traditionally performed manually. Laser cataract surgery is unquestionably the most technologically advanced option available in the United States today. By providing this extremely precise and customized procedure, his results are now even more predictable, while potentially making cataract surgery safer than ever.
- State-of-the-art lens implants for cataract surgery using multifocal lens implants that correct both distance and near vision following cataract surgery and toric lens implants that correct astigmatism. These lens implants offer patients the best vision possible following cataract surgery.
- Custom bladeless LASIK using advanced femtosecond laser technology.
Dr. Galanis is a leader in the field of refractive eye surgery in St. Louis. He is featured in TOP DOCS of St. Louis Magazine and Best Doctors of America. Dr. Galanis has been using multifocal lens implants, toric lens implants and LASIK since they became FDA approved and has done over 35,000 procedures. His mission is your very best vision.
Dr. Galanis is also a fellowship trained glaucoma specialist performing glaucoma procedures such as:
- Glaucoma laser treatment to lower eye pressure and perhaps reduce dependency on eye drops.
- Glaucoma filtering surgery that is often reserved for cases where medication and laser procedures have been unsuccessful.
Dr. Galanis received his Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from Washington University in 1980. During that time he was elected to the Tau Beta Phi Engineering Honorary Society and the Eta Kappa Nu Electrical Engineering Honorary Society. His doctorate degree was awarded at St. Louis University School of Medicine in 1984.
He completed an internship at St. John’s Mercy Medical Center in 1985. Dr. Galanis’ ophthalmology training was completed at Bethesda Eye Institute, St. Louis University, where he served as chief resident. He then completed a glaucoma fellowship at the prestigious Estelle Doheny Eye Institute, University of Southern California. He returned home to St. Louis as an assistant professor at St. Louis University Eye Institute.
Dr. Galanis is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and has practiced in St. Louis since 1986. He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the St. Louis Ophthalmological Society, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Laser Cataract Surgery
Custom Bladeless LASIK
Routine Eye Exams
Dry Eye Treatment
Multifocal Lens Implants
Glaucoma Laser Treatment
Diabetic Eye Examinations